Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Fiber Fun

The days are longer, the temperatures warmer. This is the time of the year when all I think about is playing with fiber. The last couple of days have been stormy, but today the clouds gave way to sunshine....and I took advantage of it.  I love it when my fiber play is "green". 


Washed a bit of alpaca from one of my white Suri boys.....freshly shorn locks....

.....washed and dried outside.....

......finger fluffed and ready for blending with some lovely Shetland.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how absolutely beautiful is that. Its like fiber heaven! That wool reminds me of my dog Cody, hes got really white long fur that is just as lush. When I brush him I actually save his fur so that one day I can mix it with wool like that for thickness and spin a yarn so that I will always have something to remember him by. Some people think its nuts but with such beautiful fur as that what is the difference whether sheep or dog in my humble opinion. Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful day. :) You keep saving Cody's brushings. I have quite a bit of fur saved from my Golden Retriever mix, Rudy. It's incredibly soft. I have blended it with Shetland....75% Shetland/ 25%Rudy. Spins like a dream and makes for a lovely yarn with lots of halo.

    ReplyDelete