Tuesday, October 29, 2013

They're here!!!

The new washer and dryer was delivered and installed yesterday. I didn't get to take a close look at them because Tucker and I had to leave for obedience class shortly after the install was finished. They look nice. Are quiet running (install test run). Not sure how I feel about them right now. I'm missing my old set.....as silly as that may sound. I'm sure I will come to love them in time.

I know. The laundry room looks small with a washer and dryer in it. It's not a very big room to start with. Kinda long and narrow. It was the one feature of our house that I was never crazy about. I won't complain though. At least I have a laundry room and the machines aren't in a closet off a hall.


Update on the remodel: you'd think it would be done now that the new washer and dryer is in place. It's not. Although it's real close. There is still a few more pieces of trim that needs to be painted and put up.....and the new floor needs to be put down in the hall. The cabinets in the photo will be taken out and new ones put in. The new ones aren't as tall and will go from wall to wall. A shelf will also be put in under the new cabinets. My hubby assures me that this can easily be done with the new machines in place. 


Finally found the perfect light fixture. It is now in place and so pretty. I do wish that I was able to finish the laundry room completely before the new machines arrived. At least the bulk of the remodel was done. What little is left can be done at a more leisurely pace. After all, I couldn't have kept doing our laundry outside like I was. The temps have dropped considerably the last couple of days. Our lows are in the teens and we are lucky to reach the low 40's for daytime highs. There is snow in the mountains already. It is only a matter of time before we wake up to a white landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment