Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Tinking.....again. :(

I'm starting to feel like I'm actually going backwards instead of making any forward progress with the warm shawl. Picked it up to work on it for a bit this morning. Spent more time tinking than knitting. First I ended up knitting the same row twice even though I looked at both my chart and my row counter to see where I was. Tink, tink, tink. Then I turned the piece into two-sided lace by knitting the next right side row instead of a wrong side row. Tink, tink, tink. I did manage to knit the next few rows with no mistakes but am finding the piece rather stressful to work on. I'm constantly double checking myself now. Did I count that right? Did I knit the right row? Are things lining up right? Are they where they're supposed to be? Seems like the harder I try, the more I screw up. This is a relatively straight forward piece of lace. I honestly don't know why I'm having such a hard time with it. I know I should just set it aside and work on something else for a bit. Clear my mind. Come back to it with fresh eyes and a new outlook. I feel obligated to work on it until it is done simply because it is a test knit (although the pattern has already been released and there is an ongoing KAL for it at this time). So frustrating!!!!!

I'm going out to work in the barnyard and pasture for a bit. At least I can vent some of my frustration while cleaning up camelids piles. Who knows? Maybe a few of the sheep will come over for some loving. It always makes me feel better to see their tails wagging when they are enjoying a good scratch. 


Aren't they cute? Cable caps for my Hi-ya Hi-ya interchangeables.

No comments:

Post a Comment