Monday, January 28, 2008

Victorian Hankie quilt

A cold and lots of snow kept me home and in the sewing room this weekend. This is the result of my weekend "confinement".....a completed quilt top. The hankie panels and the pink fabric were sent to me by a very dear friend. The rose print fabric I found at one of my favorite fabric shops. I had an extra hankie panel and some left over pink setting triangles. Hence the small piece next to the quilt top. This piece will eventually be embroider with pertinent label information and then pieced into a backing for the quilt. The pattern for the quilt can be found in the March 2008 issue of Quilt magazine. This one probably won't be quilted for a while.....since I really don't have a clue as to how to quilt it. Just need to give the quilt time to "talk" to me, that's all. :)
I've been working on my Carolina Crossroads mystery quilt. Almost done with step #6. Yes, it has been a bit slow going but that's okay. I'm having fun with it and am really pleased with how it is turning out. I probably would have made more progress on it if I didn't put it aside so often to work on my split 9-patch blocks. Those are coming along wonderfully!!! I'm just about finished piecing all my signature blocks. Simply love working on this quilt. It's a sheer joy to open up all the different charm packs and see what has been sent.
No knitting or spinning progress to really talk about. Timmy, the second sheep in the sheep mobile, is just about complete. I have set him aside for now. It seems that I have misplaced my pom-pom maker. So this gives me a place to stop and a reason for finally finishing up the alien illusion scarf. I know that if I don't finish it now, I never will. And this is definitely one project that I don't want left unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment