Thursday, January 17, 2008

Split 9-Patch

It's not like I really needed another project. But when inspiration hits......well, what is a girl to do?? So off I went to find a box of 2 1/2" Christmas charms that I knew I had from a swap I did years ago. Had fun doing the swap but was clueless as to what to do with the charms once they all arrived. It took years, but I finally know. They will make a lovely split 9-patch quilt. Here is one block that was sewn up on the spur of the moment. After sewing up 3 blocks I decided that it would probably behoove me to sit down and see exactly how many charm packets I have....and then come up with a design in EQ. No sense sewing up all these blocks and not having a clue as to what I will do with them after that. I now have a "game plan". I know how many blocks I will need and how they will be set. Now to finish up a project so that I can have fun making this quilt.

Worked on my mystery quilt today. Finished up step #5. I thought about posting a picture of each step then decided that it would make more sense to simply post a picture of a completed block. Especially since I'm making parts of blocks right now. Step #6 was posted last week (yes, I'm behind). It is of the first block. So a picture will be posted once I have one made. Step #7 (the final step) was posted today. I most likely won't get to that step for another few least. Doesn't matter though. I've been really enjoying myself with this....and have been loving the way it has been using up my stash.

Knitting update: Halfway done with alien motif #4. Got sidetracked with my sheep mobile or I probably would be furter along. The sheep mobile is coming along nicely though. Bought the rest of the yarn needed for it. Even bought little wiggly eyes for the sheep. Although I'm not sure I will be using them. It's just not giving me the look I was going for. Oh well. That's life. Try something.....don't care for it.....try something else.

Spinning update: I have all the mountain welsh plied. Yea!! Just need to set the twist and the finished yarn will be ready to use. I've also been spinning up the North Ronaldsay on my Prelude spinning wheel. Have two bobbins of singles that are ready to go on the yarn blocker to have the twist set. A third bobbin is half full. I'm hoping to have this all spun up by the end of the month. It will be interesting to see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment