Here it is! A picture of my completed step #4 of the Orange Crush mystery quilt......all 30 blocks!! I wasn't real crazy about how the blocks were looking when I first started sewing them together. But after about the 10th block or so I noticed that they really didn't look all that bad. After about the 20th block I noticed that they really were pretty.....and had a nice folk art/primitive feel to them. It will be interesting to see how they look in the completed quilt. I will start on step #5 tomorrow.
This must be my week for finishes. I *finally* finished spinning up the North Ronaldsay fiber yesterday. Yea!!! I was starting to feel as though there was no end to this particular fiber. It felt great to finally see the bag it came in empty. Now to set the twist on the singles and then get it plied....and ready for use. I was so excited to have finally finished spinning the North Ronaldsay that I went and wound the Gotland singles off of my Prelude.....then wound them onto a bobbin on my Sonata. I even spent about 20 minutes spinning a bit more. The bobbins on my Sonata hold way more than the bobbins on my Prelude (almost twice as much). Plus with the Woolee Winder on my Sonata, it makes spinning go so much quicker.....and way more enjoyable. I don't have to stop all the time to change hooks. Lets me really focus on my drafting and spinning a fairly even single. Someday I will have a Woolee Winder for my Prelude.