Friday, December 27, 2013

More from the frost fairies. (Photo intense)

It's been days since the "frost fairies" first visit. The trees are now heavy with frost and resemble the flocked trees you see in stores. Any slight breeze gives the impression of snow.....although it's not snow that is falling. Only excess frost from the trees.





I found a couple of pine cones nestled amongst all the frosted boughs. The trees usually drop all of their pine cones by now. Wonder if they will mature with the cold? Wonder if the nuthatches have marked their location for future use?


I know. More frosted pine needle photos. Pine trees are indigenous to the region so plenty of subject matter to photograph. Doesn't help that I find myself fascinated by the frosted needles. They look so pretty.....and rather delicate in a way. I'm also fascinated by the frost and the molecular structure of it.
 I know. A bit on the nerdy side of things. :) What can I say? Mother Nature never ceases to amaze me.  




I got lucky and a slight breeze came along as I was photographing this small bunch of pine needles. That's frost falling from them. It's so pretty....and very delicate looking. So different from snowflakes. You should be under or even near a frosted tree when a good breeze blows. It's like having someone blow fairy dust on you. Just so magical and awe-inspiring.












No comments:

Post a Comment