Thursday, June 26, 2008

My new featherweight


This is it! My new featherweight! Isn't she beautiful?? She was born in 1953 and runs like a dream! So far I've only played with her a bit. Have yet to make a quilt, but hope to remedy that really soon. She's been sitting on my sewing table patiently waiting for us to create our very first quilt together. Just waiting until I feel a bit better (recovering from oral surgery). Until then I've been quietly stitching away on a wall hanging. I hope to have it finished up by this weekend. At least the top anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Your new featherweight is a beauty. I think mine is about the same vintage, but a bit more beat up. It runs, I don't know about sewing. I'm going to take it to be serviced soon. It's wonderful that yours is sewing along already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another common thread between us! I have a Featherweight, a small flock of Shetlands, and live in the NW as well. But it looks like you have WAY more time for hobbies than I do....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, I hope you get your featherweight sewing real soon. I'm absolutely intrigued by mine and love the way it sews so quietly. The stitch is incredible! :)

    Michelle,
    Common threads are nice. :) My small flock of Shetland numbers 21 (plus my guard llama). I'm out playing with them at least twice a day. As far as time for hobbies....well, I make the time. Some days are easier than others, but I do try to spend at least half an hour a day on one of my hobbies. It's amazing what you can get done with such small blocks of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Featherweight makes me positively green with envy! She is spectacular. Hope you recover soon from the oral surgery - that is no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new featherweight. I have one too, but never use it. A friend of my daughter's recently gave her a 50's model. She wanted me to check it out for her..hehe. I was accepted on Fiber Femmes. Had to contact the ring owner personally. I think there is a "snafu" with the webring itself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete