Here are the two applique blocks that I have been working on. One is for my Baltimore Bunny quilt. It's block #6. I started this as a block of the month early last year. I was doing pretty good keeping up until I got sidetracked. Feels great to be working on it again though.
The other block is Cabbage Rose. It's actually a block from Robyn Pandolph's Botanika quilt. I had purchased it as a kit quite some ago and then never got around to actually making it. Well, when I finally pulled the kit out I discovered that the background fabric included wasn't large enough for the applique ....and that I really didn't care for some of the fabrics included. So I pulled some fabric from my stash and proceeded to work on the block. The block turned out so pretty that I ended up buying the entire set of patterns for the Botanika quilt.....and some very pretty background fabric. I didn't have enough fabric for an entire quilt and really didn't want to go scrappy. I will be using a wide variety of fabrics, colors, and prints for the applique so having the background all the same will give the eye a place to rest. As for this block.....well, it will be made into a wall hanging.
I should probably include an update on my Orange Crush mystery quilt. The mystery has been solved. I laid all the blocks out on my design wall and now have 3 seams left to sew before the quilt center is finished. Haven't quite decided on borders yet. The mystery did come with a pieced border, but I'm not quite sure I will be adding that to my quilt. The center is pretty busy as it is. Plain borders just may be what is needed to finish it of....but I'm still thinking on that. As for the name of the quilt...."September Song" is what it will be known as from now on. I will be sure to post a picture of the completed quilt center....and then one of the completed quilt.