Monday, February 18, 2008

Carolina Crossroads - quilt center

Here it is!! A picture of my completed quilt center for my Carolina Crossroads mystery quilt. Yea!!! Wasn't quite sure I would ever get this far. There are soooo many seams to match! But I did and now can't wait to put borders on it. The quilt center measures 65" square. Have an idea of what I would like to do for borders. It things come out right my completed quilt should measure somewhere around 80" square. I've also been toying with quilting ideas. It's best to let the quilt "talk" to you when it comes to machine quilting......at least in my humble opinion anyway. This quilt has definitely been doing quite a bit of talking!!

The intarsia bag is finished. At least the outside of it anyway. I still need to line it and make handles for it. Wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do for handles, but am leaning towards fabric handles. I think if I make them from the same fabric used for the lining it should look really cute.

I've started on the third sheep from my sheep mobile.....Timmy's momma. She is looking really cute and has tons of personality already. I hope to finish her up this week. I also started on a felted lamb. This is being made from Shetland yarn......that I spun up myself......that is from one of my own sweet sheep. The felted lamb is coming along rather nicely. The knitting part should be finished up and ready for felting in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment