Friday, October 24, 2014

Finishes

Haven't had a lot of finishes when it comes to quilting. Looks like that may be a thing of the past.  :)  The other day I stitched out a sample embroidery ( in preparation for a new quilting project) and then decided to embellish it with swarovski crystals using my new "toy". Loved the way it turned out! Instead of putting it aside to collect dust I actually did something with it. It's been sandwiched, lightly quilted, and framed. It will make a wonderful gift for my mother.


This afternoon I finished putting together the quilt top that I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. The photo isn't the best but it allows you to see the size of the top (about 80" x 95"). Now to dig through my fabric stash for a backing. I'm thinking scrappy....large scrappy. Would be a great way to use some of those pieces I have absolutely no idea what to do with but can't seem to part with. The binding will be the same as the inner border so no worries about fabric clashes....which is always a good thing.  :)

I'll end this post with a photo of Moose. He turned 3 months old yesterday. It's hard to get a nice photo of him these days. If he's not sleeping he is constantly in motion. This was taken seconds before he pounced on one of the weenies. He's getting to be a big boy.  :) He's nearly housebroken and listens pretty well....when he's not "talking" back to you. He's pretty verbal.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment