Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Friday's Cowl with Matching Hat

It's been awhile since my last post. Things have been busy here with the arrival of new lambs. One of my ewes was a first timer and lost both of her lambs (one was still born and the other died shortly after it was born). It was a really rough few days with her. She was despondent and had simply given up. I'm sure it didn't help her any hearing the cries of the newborn lambs. While I was taking care of her two of my older, more experienced ewes lambed. One had a very big ram lamb. The other had twins...a ram lamb and a ewe lamb. All 3 lambs are doing very well. As for the ewe who lost hers....she, too, is doing well. With lots of TLC she came out of her despondent state, started eating, drinking, and interacting with the other ewes. She did spend a couple of days calling for her lost lambs but is now content just being with the other ewes. Still have a few more ewes who are due to lamb hopefully soon. Once all the lambs are here and things quiet down then I will spend time outside taking photos.

During all this I had released my latest pattern. It's a cowl/hat set. It was inspired by this lovely skein of blue Polwarth I had spun on my Haldane Orkney. 

The cowl turned out so pretty that I simply had to make a hat to go with (blue hat). 

Loved the way the two looked together that I just had to see what it would look like done in the same yarn (the first photo shows the cowl wrapped doubled).

Shameless plug:  the pattern is available for purchase on Ravelry, Craftsy, and my etsy shop. If you purchase through Ravelry it is half off until the end of the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment