Friday, April 5, 2013

Spinning, spinning, and more spinning

That's what I've been doing.....and lots of it. It's week #3 post-surgery for me. Still dealing with swelling and "discomfort" which means lots of time spent in my chair with my foot elevated (and icing). I needed a break from knitting so my hubby pulled out a few of my support spindles and some fiber.

The first picture is a merino/sea cell/silk/and-I-don't-remember-what-else blend. Love the colors and the blend. I've been spinning it up in 1/2 oz. increments then plying. It's turning into a very lovely 2-ply light fingering weight yarn.

The second photo is of some royal suri alpaca top (from Peru) that was gifted to me. There was 7/8 oz. total. So I decided to split the roving in half and spin it up using my Russian spindles from Siberia. It was an amazing spin!! This will be plyed after I'm finished with the green.

The last photo is of my Svan spindle (based on a support spindle used in Georgia ...the country). I'm spinning a suri alpaca/ bamboo blend on it. It's been a fun spin for the most part. From time to time I will come upon a spot where the bamboo isn't the easiest to draft. A little bit of patience has been getting me through these not so fun spots. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often.







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I really need to get back to spinning; haven't TOUCHED it in 2013!

    ReplyDelete