Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Spinning Serenity

For me nothing calms the soul like spinning does. The soft whir of the wheel.....feeling the fiber slip through your fingers.....watching the bobbin fill with a freshly spun single....the repetative motion of treadling. While I find spindle spinning just as soothing last night's serenity was in the form of my Orkney wheel. Seems she's a scotch tension sort of gal after all. I set her up for scotch tension last night. No more strong take up. Now she gently takes the fiber from me. This is the finest spinning I've done on her so far.

The fiber has been an absolute dream to work with. Drafts easily. Is very soft in the hand. I love watching the color changes as I spin....from very bold to very subtle. This is going to be a lovely skein when it's done.

Here's another lovely skein that I spun on the Orkney. It's polwarth. Not sure what it will become just yet. I sImply enjoy looking at it right now.

We had a couple of big storms move through last night. Here's a little of what they left behind....






No comments:

Post a Comment