It's been awhile since I played with my CSM. It was time to change that. I've been trying to spend a bit of time with it every day. The first two pair were cranked from commercially spun and dyed sock yarn. (Warm up pairs)
I was having so much fun cranking socks that I decided to take it up a notch and dye my own yarn. This is my first attempt at dyeing my own yarn. The sock yarn is a commercially spun superwash Corriedale.
Attempt #2: superwash merino/nylon blend - commercially spun
Attempt #3: commercially spun sw merino/nylon blend....this was my first time using a dye loom. I learned a lot! Love the end results though.
Commercially spun sw merino/nylon blend
These socks will have to be unraveled and cranked again. There are glaring mistakes on both. I wanted to share a picture of the yarn. I love how it turned out. It's a commercially spun sw Corriedale.
I've had so much fun dyeing my own yarn. Here are two more skeins....
And here's one waiting to be cranked (today's project).
I think half the fun of dyeing my own yarn is seeing how the finished socks will look. It's a pleasant surprise every time. :) Yesterday was spent hand painting two skeins of sock yarn and 4 ounces of superwash roving. Can't wait to see how it all turned out.