Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ravens in the Snow

Thought I would share the progress I'm making on my fingerless mitts. Only five more rows to go before I get to put stitches on a holder for the thumb.

The first photo is of the mitt front.....the second of the thumb gusset (isn't it pretty!)......the last one of the mitt back.

I have learned so much with this project. I have learned how to do a lifted increase using two different colors. I have learned how to do a two color long-tail cast on. Most important of all, I think, is that I learned how to read a chart for stranded colorwork that includes a thumb gusset. The book "Charts Made Simple" was a huge help. It explained all the empty squares on either side of the gusset near the bottom. If the stitches were actually charted then they would look distorted, something that really made sense once I got into the actual knitting of the gusset itself. That's when I could see the relation of everything and the chart really made sense.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I am intimidated by colorwork like that....

    ReplyDelete