Monday, November 19, 2012

Fingerless Mitts

Here they are!! Finished fingerless mitts!! They are a touch big but will be very warm due to all the stranding. The pattern I used is called "Ravens in the Snow". It can be found on Ravelry. It was a fun knit. I did make a couple of changes. Instead of finishing the mitt top and thumb with a garter stitch border (per pattern) I opted to finish both with a k2,p2 ribbing instead. I then bound off in pattern with the contrasting color. When I was picking up stitches for the thumb I picked up 4 extra stitches instead of the 2 the pattern called for. This closed up the gusset gap very nicely. These extra stitches were decreased out a row later. I had messed up the colorwork pattern on the cuff of one mitt but was able to fix my mistake with duplicate stitch. I finished both mitts by blocking with steam.

1 comment: