Thursday, May 21, 2015

Hexie Update

My first hexie flowers were joined by a few more......

......along with a few leaves and a large rick rack vine. The background is made up of 3" squares. A multitude of fabrics was used. So far everything had come from my rather large stash of 6" squares....until it came to borders. I knew what I wanted to do but couldn't find the perfect fabric in my stash. So off to the quilt shop I went.

And this is what I found.

The perfect inner and outer border fabrics. Plus the inner border fabric will be used for the binding. In the photo above, the borders are sewn on. The hexies in the outer border are simply pinned in place. I'm still playing with placement. I know I want to use them in the outer border just haven't quite figured out the "how" part yet. I'm sure it will all fall in place with a bit more playing at the design wall. :)

On the "sheepy" side of things....all the lambs have been born and are doing well. Shearing is nearly done. I will be shearing the final 3 ewes this morning. Tons of fiber to go through and get ready for sale. While I would love to keep it all there is simply too much for me to use....so I will be sharing the wealth. And there is a wealth of beautiful fleeces, Shetland as well as alpaca, that will be available soon.

Ending this post with a few lamb shots....
Cookie and her twin Hamish.

Rocky with his twin Flower and their mama Willow.







2 comments:

  1. This quilt is going to turn out beautiful! Love the sheep shots. I had bought a bunch of roving to spin into yarn but never found a decent price wheel and could never get the hang of hand spinning. I will eventually because its on the list of things I want to learn before I die!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :). I'm still prepping hexies for the border but hope to have them done soon. I love spinning! Just takes practice....and a bit of patience. I spin on spindles as well as wheels. Love it all!

      Delete