Saturday, May 23, 2015

Charm-ing Hexies

I've got hexies-on-the-brain. What can I say??   :)


This okay photo is the center of my latest project.....which consists of over 300 two inch hexies, with no two fabrics being the same. Or at least I hope so. I've spent hours going over the center looking for possible duplicates. I'm pretty sure I found them all.  :)

Now that everything is pinned to my design wall in a manner I find pleasing, it's time to get the rows labeled and ready for sewing. The photo below shows the labeling in progress. My labeling system is pretty simple. Every row has a letter designation. Every hexie in that row is labeled with row letter and block number plus annotated as to what gets sewn to what. I'm hoping this simple system will keep me organized enough to where the sewing is enjoyable and the center is sewn together exactly as it was put together on the design wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment