Wednesday, September 10, 2014

New Pattern

I released my latest pattern yesterday. It's my Surf and Sand Cowl pattern. This was a fun one to knit. So much so that I've knit it twice. Once in handspun and again in a commercial yarn. It's 50% off through the month of September for those on  Ravelry. It can be found in my etsy shop as well as on Craftsy.

Here it is knit in Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky Paints. Used two skeins with very little left over (about 10 yds). This cowl is about 50" in circumference. (You can really see the stitch pattern in this photo.)

Enough to comfortably wrap twice around your neck when you need that bit of extra.

Here it is knit in a 2-ply bulky handspun Targhee yarn. This one is about 40" in circumference. I started off with 153 yds in the skein. Had 5 yds left over. This is the yarn that inspired the design.

The pattern is five pages in length and has four different sizes. I knit two but would love to see the other two sizes knit (small: 30" and x-large: 60").  I will gift the pattern to the first six people who respond to this post in return for a photo of your finished Surf and Sand Cowl that I can post on Ravelry (on the pattern page). Please feel free to share this with friends. Tis the season to start thinking about gifts and this would make a wonderful gift.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment