Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Sheep!!

 What can I say? I like sheep.  And I've been enjoying wool applique immensely. The first photo is of my finished wool applique sampler....."Spring Sampler" by All Through the Night. It's done using "upcycled" wool (some of which I hand-dyed/over-dyed myself...and had a blast doing it) on a linen background. The whole piece was coffee dyed after it was completed, but before it was framed. The finished framed piece measures 16" x 20".

The next two photos are of embroideries that I have been wanting to do for quite some time. Both are done on a flannel background  with cotton batting used as a stabilizer. Both pieces were coffee-dyed after being stitched out and before they were framed. Loved the way the flannel coffee-dyed! Both framed pieces are 8" x 8". They will be hung in the same room as the Spring Sampler.


The last 3 pictures are of the first 3 blocks from my newest quilt project "Sheep in the Willows thru the Year"  (by the American Fiber Artist S. West - Buttermilk Basin). They are being stitched on a coffee-dyed linen background using "upcycled" wool....some of which I have hand-dyed/overdyed myself. I've had these patterns for quite some time (years) and it has been a sheer joy to finally be able to make this quilt.  My apologies for the coloring of the last block photo. It was up higher on my design wall so the lighting was off when I took the picture. These blocks are measuring 10" square (unfinished size).



No comments:

Post a Comment