Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Yarn

Here it is!! The finished yarn made from Shetland/Golden Retriever/Soy Silk with a touch of icicle top. It came out very pretty.....and is incredibly soft. There is about 142 yards here. Not sure of the weight because I haven't taken the time to figure out the WPI (wraps per inch). I'm guessing it is probably somewhere between a sport weight and a worsted weight.

I now have another very lovely blend in the works. This one will be a blend of Shetland/Soy Silk and icicle top. Love the bit of sparkle the icicle top gives. The Shetland has been dyed a lovely deep burgandy. The soy silk was also dyed burgandy, but took the dye differently. It came out much lighter in color. Almost purple. Very pretty. So far I only have one batt partially done. Needs a few more runs through the drum carder before it will be finished. I will be sure to share pictures when it is finished. I'm really enjoying my drum carder these days. It's another facet of spinning that I am just now discovering.....and thoroughly enjoying.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your other batt! Not only are you having fun, but you are good at having fun too :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really beautiful. I bet that is extremely warm too. Oh how I wish I had a drumcarder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for the wonderful comments, ladies! I'm really having fun playing with my drum carder and hope to have pictures up soon of my latest blend.

    ReplyDelete