Monday, March 2, 2015

Another finish.....

.....and another photo taken with my iPad.  =)   This one has been waiting a very, very long time to be finished. The blocks are dimensional applique and I had started hand quilting it (the center). Then, for some reason no longer remembered, it was set aside. I opted to finish it on the machine (sashing and outer border). The fabric I had originally set aside for the binding was not to be found. It was off to the fabric shop for a new binding. While the gold was not what I had originally planned I think it looks nice. Really brings out the gold in the blocks. Maybe there are times when it's better to set a project aside for a bit.....




3 comments:

  1. Just lovely quilt. New to your blog, enjoyed going back through your posts reading about the pups and sheep, lady after my own heart. Sheep are next on the farm here on the other side of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tickled to hear you enjoyed my blog. Been dealing with the "medical maze" (health issues) but am hoping to get back to posting on my blog real soon.

      Delete
  2. Just lovely quilt. New to your blog, enjoyed going back through your posts reading about the pups and sheep, lady after my own heart. Sheep are next on the farm here on the other side of the country.

    ReplyDelete