Monday, March 26, 2012

Sand Dollars and Waves Shawl

Finally....pictures of my latest project. This is my Sand Dollars and Waves shawl. It was knit using a hand spun shetland lamb/kid mohair blend 2-ply worsted weight yarn that was kettle-dyed sapphire blue. The shawl was knit on size 9 needles using a pattern from the book "Knitting Lace Triangles" by Evelyn Clark. The finished shawl measures approximately 75" wide by 36" deep.
It was a fun knit, although frustrating at times. Not because it was difficult, but rather because it was so easy of a knit. The lace pattern was very easy to memorize and I would find my mind wandering while I was knitting. The end result was knit two rows, tink one.  Still enjoyed it though. When I got near the end I decided to add beads to it. Something I have never done before. So down to the local bead shop I went with project in hand to find the perfect beads.....which I did. The beading went quickly and was tons of fun to do.

The pictures are in reverse order....from finished item to yarn.






2 comments:

  1. WOW! It's gorgeous :) Very little knitting going on here lately...no time. Would love to make a shawl like this someday. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete